Most of us ignored taking care of our skin when we were in our teens. Skin was young and healthy and didn’t need much repair so it was easy to ignore back then. However, as you age, you start to notice wrinkle and other signs of aging in the skin.
It’s very important to take care of your skin if you want to delay the signs of aging from appearing very early on. So when it comes to taking care of your precious skin, it’s always a good idea to use natural products whenever you can. You can use the products you can buy from store, but they contain a lot of synthetic ingredients and that might not always be the best choice for your skin. So what other options do you have?
You can use natural Ayurvedic products to take care of your skin. What is Ayurveda one might wonder? It’s all about healing the body naturally. You can make a lot of Ayurvedic face packs at home to give your skin all the care it needs.
Listed below are some of the best Ayurvedic face packs you can make to give yourself a bright and glowing skin.
Face Pack Made Using Besan and Turmeric
Turmeric and besan are known for their benefits for the skin; many cultures around the world use face packs made of these to ingredients to beautify their skin. Brides and grooms in most Indian wedding apply a paste made out of besan and turmeric to make their skin glow before the wedding.
What’s special about these two ingredients that make us put it at the top of our list? Well, turmeric is well known for it’s skin brightening and antibacterial properties. Besan, on the other hand, is an excellent exfoliate that helps your skin keep the pH in balance.
Listed below are are the ingredients you will need to make this face pack.
- 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 tablespoon besan, which is also known as gram flour
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients together to make a thick paste
- Take small amounts of this paste in your fingers and apply it all over your face and neck
- Once applied, leave it on for about 15-30 minutes and then wash it away with lukewarm water
You should apply this mask on your face 2-3 times per week and you will start to notice results right away.
Face Pack Made Using Sandalwood
To make this mask you will be mixing sandalwood powder and honey. Just like turmeric, as we explained above, sandalwood powder also has excellent antibacterial properties. Honey makes you skin soft and provides plenty of nourishment. This mask is also very good if you have acne prone skin or skin that is very prone to pimples.
As mentioned above, here are the ingredients you need to make this face mask.
- 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Take a small bowl and mix both the sandalwood powder and honey
- Mix it well until the solution is smooth
- Once ready, wet your face and apply it evenly to both face and neck
- Leave it on the skin for 15-20 minutes and then wash it away with lukewarm water
This face mask is very similar to the one made with besan and turmeric. You should apply it 2-3 times per week and will notice the results within a month.
Face Pack Made Using Honey and Lemon
You might have seen lemon and honey being used in many home remedies; it’s because of the health benefits these two ingredients provide. Lemon contains a good amount of alpha hydroxy acids which is known to remove deal cells from your skin. Honey, as we have mentioned before, contains antibacterial properties and provides nourishment.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this mask at home.
- 1 tablespoon of honey (organic honey is the best)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Take a small bowl and mix the two ingredients together until you have a smooth mixture
- Apply it on your face. Since lemon is citrus, you might want to avoid putting this area on the mixture around your eyes
- Leave it on for 15-30 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water
There you have it. We have given you three recipes of natural Ayurvedic face masks that you can make at home. Do give them a try and let us know how they work out for you. Thank you for stopping by and reading!